- More Chinese Startups Are Moving to Second-tier CitiesPosted 7 days ago
- Meitu Kiss Phone Released. Will Meitu Be Another Xiaomi?Posted 7 days ago
- [Updated]Mobile QQ Users Are Angry With the New Version’s Becoming A WeChat KnockoffPosted 7 days ago
- Sogou CEO Admitted Talks with Qihoo on Potential InvestmentPosted 10 days ago
- Taobao Turns Ten Today: A Look BackPosted 13 days ago
Even Tom Cruise uses Sina Weibo
News has broken that the American movie star Tom Cruise or more affectionately known as “Tom Brother” (“阿汤哥“) by Chinese, has officially joined Sina Weibo on February 23.
“We’re having fun talking to you and our new friends at http://t.sina.com.cn. It’s the Chinese Twitter, but with a lot more functionality,” tweeted Tom Cruise, announcing the move to his Twitter followers.
His Weibo account has exploded, already generating 169,495 fans.
Could this be the start of more Western celebrities opening a Weibo account?
Sina has been a money making machine. It announced as of December 31, 2010 full year financial results net revenues of USD$110,000,000 (12% increase from last year) with advertising revenue of USD$82,500,000 (30% increase from last year). Said Sina CEO Charles Chao
Sina Weibo number of registered users now exceeds 100 million.
You may also Read:
- Popularity of Sina Weibo will soon exceed Twitter
- Attention! Sina To Release Its PC version of Weibo Client
- 50 Millions Users, Sina To Launch Weibo.com For Its Microblogging Service
- Top Sina Microblogger gets 5 million followers
- Tencent 100 Millions Microblogging Users, Sina 12,000 Tweets Per Second