- More Chinese Startups Are Moving to Second-tier CitiesPosted 8 days ago
- Meitu Kiss Phone Released. Will Meitu Be Another Xiaomi?Posted 8 days ago
- [Updated]Mobile QQ Users Are Angry With the New Version’s Becoming A WeChat KnockoffPosted 8 days ago
- Sogou CEO Admitted Talks with Qihoo on Potential InvestmentPosted 11 days ago
- Taobao Turns Ten Today: A Look BackPosted 14 days ago
Tencent Video Spending Hundreds of Millions of RMB to Build Network
Tencent is reportedly spending hundreds of millions of RMB to strengthen and expand its online video node infrastructure network. The competitive online video market in China is intensifying with Youku focusing on its technology and content, and Tudou going public recently.
General Manager of Tencent Video, LIU Chen has remarked that original content is core. Therefore they will be investing a lot of money in to creating and buying original licensed content that will drive traffic. This will include popular dramas, reality contests, business, entertainment, sports, games, fashion, cars and so on programs.
To operationally support this expansion of content and streaming speed, Tencent is pumping the money into the server CDN networks infrastructure and deploying hundreds of nodes across the country to create Asia’s largest CDN network. The network is aimed at tapping into the growing importance of tier two to tier four cities and giving them a great viewing experience.
Since Tencent is heavily focusing on video now, recent rumors of Tencent’s potential investment in market leader, Youku, makes sense.
You may also Read:
- Youku, Tudou and Sohu Lead China’s Online Video Advertising Market
- Youku Launches Video Searching Engine Soku.com
- Tencent's Real Name Social Network, Pengyou.com is Now An Open Platform
- Weishi, Tencent’s Video Messaging App, the Cross-Platform FaceTime
- Brands can build their own designer social network with Behance