2012 is finally here. Happy new year, everyone! And Thanks so much for your great support and trust in 2011. TechNode, has grown up from a personal hobby to the most shinning independent media in/from China tech space.
1. Probably you only read our English content, but actually we do have Chinese version of TechNode, and it has become one of the most influential tech source to discover the hottest local startups. Besides news report and market analysis, at least one startup is covered on TechNode Chinese everyday. We are the Only one plays important roles in both English and Chinese tech blogsphere.
2. TechNode’s Collide series conference has attracted the CEO of HTC China, VP of Lenova as the keynote speakers and many other top level speakers in local industry.
3. Started in July, Over 10 TechNode Touch (TNT) monthly events (Chinese-speaking events) have been held in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Wu’han, Chengdu, Xi’an. Each event attracted in average 120 audience from local, and over 50 high-profile entrepreneurs including Nicolas Zennstroem, co-founder of Skype.
4. Nodeble, the database for Chinese startups has been launched. The platform is still quite beta and we did not promote it much due to our very limited resource, but it still gets nearly 600 startups registered!
6. ChinaBang Awards is still on-going, but as we wrote in details here, ~80 influential Chinese tech media and tech blogs joined this awards, which is very exciting.
All these, have done by a 5-person team with support of several guest writers and friends.
This is the first post we wrote in 2012, so supposedly I should write about the plan in 2012. With more details coming in next several days, here are the highlights, which you might find aggressive and indeed quite challenging, but I just feel, those are the stuff we should do and we could!
- Content – still bilingual and the content will be more well organized. Furthermore, we will partner with some strong international and local media to make sure our Original content can reach more audience worldwide.
- TNT events in English – As usual, Chinese TNT events will be held in Beijing and Shanghai and other cities every month. And soon we will announce our English TNT monthly event. We have built a strong connection with international and local ecosystem, and the English version of TNT events are aimed to be most valuable platform to link with local and international entrepreneurs.
- TechNode conference – TechNode’s first conference in 2012 is on the way. It will be held in late February together with ChinaBang Awards ceremony. The draft agenda will be announced soon and I am sure it will be Different than any other Internet industry conference held in China. We have not finalize our plan for our Collide series conference in 2012 yet, but definitely we will still make it happen.
- I co-founded OpenWeb.Asia workgroup and co-organized OpenWebAsia conference. The last OpenWebAsia conference is held back to 2010 in KL, Malaysia, led by Daniel CerVentus (@cerventus) from Malaysia Entrepreneurs. And I am very excited to announce that we will bring OpenWebAsia to China in Q3 2012, and most likely it will be held in association with APEC SME Summit 2012.
It sounds a bit crazy, isn’t! We will keep on Rocking in 2012, and we are really trying.
On behalf of TechNode team, I wish you and your family a fruitful 2012 ahead.