- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 10 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 11 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 23 days ago
Rumor: Weixin to Launch Mobile Gaming platform soon?
It seems Weixin is now making faster and longer strides towards monetization as an insider told local media that the most popular communicating tool in China would be launching a gaming platform in the wake of its public platform, new online-to-offline initiative as well as mobile loyalty program.
Weixin crossed the 200 million users mark by the middle of the year with rocketing growth. Now with a huge user base, now it might be the right time to monetize that user pool.
Weixin hasn’t confirmed the rumor yet.
On the other hand, mobile game platform created by KakaoTalk, the Korean equivalent of Weixin into which Tencent invested RMB400 million, became extreme popular under Google Play’s game category in 10 days after its initial launch. It makes sense for Weixin to draw on that successful experience.
According to iiMedia Research, Chinese mobile game market in 2011 reached RMB 3.28 billion, and was expected to surpass RMB 6 billion this year. Pony Ma, founder and CEO of Tencent once said that, Weixin is the first platform that rises from mobile Internet solely, Tencent is still exploring its profit model. Well mobile game might be a shortcut.
news via Donews
You may also Read:
- Tencent Weixin’s Open Platform Launched
- Rumor, Tencent Wants Its Weixin To Rock Global Market
- Taobao To Launch Open Platform For TMall; Baidu Launches URL Shortening Service; Kaixin001 Goes Aggressively On Mobile App
- 360Buy Is Bored With The Price War, To Launch Its Web Game Platform
- Jiepang to Launch New App with Weixin Integration