- The Leaked New Features with WeChat 5.0 Look GoodPosted 13 days ago
- Why eBay Failed in China? – Former eBay China Exec Wang JianshuoPosted 14 days ago
- [Announcement] Welcome back, TechCrunch, TechNode’s Official PartnerPosted 14 days ago
- Xiaomi’s E-publishing Platform Duokan is One Year Old, Looks Healthy and ConfidentPosted 16 days ago
- Jack Xu Talks about Failure in Copying TumblrPosted 20 days ago
Sina Weibo Leadership Change Speaks to Pressure on Profitability
Rumor has it that VP of Sina Wireless arm Wang Gaofei would take over as Sina Weibo’s CEO, replacing Peng Shaobin.
The insider said that Sina Weibo’s 400 million user pool sounds delicious, yet it’s revenue ride was riddled with a string of failed attempts over the past two years. Wang, on the other hand, was a veteran in China’s SP trade with seasoned experience in monetizing mobile products. The leadership change could also be interpreted as a sign of Weibo’s mouting pressure in producing some revenue.
You may also Read:
- Sina Weibo Launches Paid Premium Service in Face of Monetization Pressure
- Sina Weibo Virtual Currency Information Leaked, One Weibi is Worth One Yuan
- Why Weibo technology will change China
- Sina Weibo is 50-60% of Sina's valuation – Is it too High ??
- 5 Facts You Must Know Before Talking About Sina Weibo and Twitter