- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 6 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 7 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 19 days ago
Sina Weibo Leadership Change Speaks to Pressure on Profitability
Rumor has it that VP of Sina Wireless arm Wang Gaofei would take over as Sina Weibo’s CEO, replacing Peng Shaobin.
The insider said that Sina Weibo’s 400 million user pool sounds delicious, yet it’s revenue ride was riddled with a string of failed attempts over the past two years. Wang, on the other hand, was a veteran in China’s SP trade with seasoned experience in monetizing mobile products. The leadership change could also be interpreted as a sign of Weibo’s mouting pressure in producing some revenue.
You may also Read:
- Sina Weibo Launches Paid Premium Service in Face of Monetization Pressure
- Sina Weibo Virtual Currency Information Leaked, One Weibi is Worth One Yuan
- Why Weibo technology will change China
- 5 Facts You Must Know Before Talking About Sina Weibo and Twitter
- Sina Weibo is 50-60% of Sina's valuation – Is it too High ??