- Sogou CEO Admitted Talks with Qihoo on Potential InvestmentPosted 8 days ago
- Taobao Turns Ten Today: A Look BackPosted 11 days ago
- Alibaba Invests US$294 million for 28% of AutoNavi, Becoming Its Biggest ShareholderPosted 12 days ago
- [Updated]Baidu Acquires PPS for $370 million in Cash, Will Merge It Into iQiyiPosted 15 days ago
- Alibaba Confirms Investment in Sina Weibo, Taking An 18% Stake for $586 millionPosted 22 days ago
Burpple Announces $500k Funding to Accelerate Growth
Dedicated foodie app Burpple announced this Monday at OpenWebAsia conference held in Haikou that the startup raised US$ 500k in seed funding from Neoteny Labs along with QuestVC.
Led by James Chan, Neoteny Labs brings a depth of experience in investing and growing early stage startups in Japan and Asia-Pacific region. It has also invested in growing global companies like Path and Viki. QuestVC, led by Mr James Tan, also the co-founder of 55tuan, on the other hand brings a wealth of knowledge to power up Burpple’s growth strategy in China and Southeast Asia.
The team said it was excited about the opportunities in China.
Dixon Chan, co-founder of Burpple said that the funding will help beef up a world-class product team and scale the growth opportunities across a variety of markets and platforms. “We have some groundbreaking stuff in the pipeline that will change the way people experience food throughout the world.” Dixon said.
James Chan, Principal of Neoteny Labs said that he’ve watched the Burpple growing up as the team translated their initial idea into execution. “Food and meals are an integral part of our daily routine. The individual’s relationship with the dishes he or she has eaten or would like to try remains a white space that hasn’t been properly addressed by any service or app.” Said Chan.
Burpple as of now has users in more than 3300 cities and 115 countries while more than 170,000 dishes have been shared with the app.
Burpple team on stage presenting at OpenWebAsia 12′
You may also Read:
- Burpple Debuts New Version to Help You Explore a Foodie’s World
- Kindo Secures Additional Seed Funding, So Will We See Its Global Growth?
- DFR Asia Announces New Funding for Asia’s First Digital Media Venture Studio
- Zuckerberg Salary to Drop from US$500K to US$1 a Year
- Korean Mobile Gaming, Igniting the Engine of Growth