- Sogou CEO Admitted Talks with Qihoo on Potential InvestmentPosted 6 days ago
- Taobao Turns Ten Today: A Look BackPosted 9 days ago
- Alibaba Invests US$294 million for 28% of AutoNavi, Becoming Its Biggest ShareholderPosted 9 days ago
- [Updated]Baidu Acquires PPS for $370 million in Cash, Will Merge It Into iQiyiPosted 13 days ago
- Alibaba Confirms Investment in Sina Weibo, Taking An 18% Stake for $586 millionPosted 20 days ago
China Surpasses U.S. as World’s Top Smart Device Market
China has replaced the U.S. as the largest market for active smart device worldwide, according to data released yesterday by mobile market intelligencer Flurry.
The mobile analytics firm last year reported that China had become the world’s fastest growing smart device market, about a year after driving in the fast lane, now China was expected to boast 246 million active smart devices (iOS and Android smartphones and tablets) at the end of February as compared to America’s 230 million. Flurry ascribed China’s fast growth in mobile adoption to its large population and rapidly emerging middle class.
The prediction, which on the tracking of more than 2.4 billion app sessions per day, just showed how China is picking up its pace in mobile market development as China and the U.S. actually had roughly the same active smart device installed base in January 2013, 222 million in the U.S. versus 221 million in China. Flurry then “used a model to project the final February 2013 installed base for each country based on historical growth trends as well as the number detected devices per country through the first half of February.” Speaking of growth rate, Colombia now takes home the crown of fastest growth for 278% growth rate but China is still growing at an impressive 209% rate of growth on top of a base of 71 million devices from January 2012 (pictured below).
In addition to China and the U.S, UK, South Korea and Japan made up the 3rd through 5th places in terms of greatest number of active iOS and Android devices at 43 million, 30 million and 29 million respectively.
You may also Read:
- The amazing China smart phone market
- China is also the largest mobile internet market in the world
- Chartboost Raising $19M from Sequoia, Facing Local Rivals in China Market
- Umeng Data Insight Report Q2 2012: There Is One Samsung Phone in Every 4 Android Phones in China
- By 2015, 54% of TV in China Will Be Smart TV