- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 4 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 5 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 16 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 17 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 17 days ago
Xiaomi Set-top Box Back with Partnership with CNTV
Xiaomi set-top box, or Xiaomi Box, revived finally, with modifications, and was available to order on the its official site after reaching a 3-year partnership with CNTV, the online video business of the state-owned CCTV. The price is RMB 299.
Xiaomi Box was given a rough ride since its inception. It was released last November but suspended content service one week after the launch. SARFT, the state authority of radio and video intervened in and precluded Xiaomi from streaming content from online video sites to TV, such as that from Sohu, Tencent, etc.
An insider who tested out the revamped one revealed that the video content from Sohu was removed while Tencent’s remains. And there’s the logo of CNTV on the top left corner of the interface.
You may also Read:
- Let Xiaomi Box Tell You How Hard to Channel Online Videos to TV Screens in China
- Xiaomi Announces Set-Top Box with Free Video Streaming
- Duokan, the Invisible Hand Behind Xiaomi Box
- Xiaomi Partners With mface, Stepping Into Southeast Asia
- In Case You don’t Know the Set-top Box Issues in China:Xiaomi Box isnt’ Doomed