- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 5 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 6 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 17 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 18 days ago
Accelerator HK Cohort 2 Open for Applications
Last month, TechNode covered six fresh ideas from Accelerator HK Demo Day which really surprised us. It seems that something has been changing in this Asian financial hub, in a good way towards a tech community. This place has been known of millions mobile crazy citizens and a big population of wealthy tycoons, but its potential for technology is seldom talked of. A recent post by Forbes listed Hong Kong as one of the rising tech hubs to watch after Silicon Valley and New York. This is thrilling news for Hong Kong and the startup community here.
The reason why the city is more inspiring than ever might be a group of people who always believe in their dreams and a bunch of breeding grounds who keep it up to help those entrepreneurs. Incubators like Bootcamp HK, Accelerator HK, and the Hive Hong Kong have seen many startups from zero to launching and they all together help the whole ecosystem grow better.
So for every prospective entrepreneur who is looking for a place to start up, maybe Hong Kong could be a choice. Now the Startup HK cohort 2 is open for application now (will remain open until April 15th). The short listed companies will be lined up for interviews in early April and the final selected ones will be notified by mid to late April. The program will be making a $15,000 (USD) investment in each company in exchange for an 8% equity stake, providing co-working space for 14 weeks. You may check here for the details, and good luck to Hong Kong. : )
You may also Read: