- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 7 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 8 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 19 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 19 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 20 days ago
Sina Revamps News Portal with Weibo Integration
Sina launched a revamped version of its news portal yesterday. The obvious difference is the search box, with Weibo search as the default option, featured on top of the homepage.
Weibo users now can log into on the news service with Weibo accounts, which, according to Sina staff, is to channel Weibo users who didn’t read news from Sina. “Mobile, Local, Social and Personal” was the internal target for the new version, according to the same insider. Local and Social are to expand the realm and gain more users while Personal is based on Weibo ID.
To take better advantage of Weibo, ads on the new portal become more interactive. All the ads are accompanied with advertisers’ enterprise Weibo ID and linked to Weibo. Users also can follow advertisers’ Weibo accounts directly at the display ads or share the ads to their followers. It is expected it could bring more “social” values to advertisers.
You may also Read:
- Sina Weibo is 50-60% of Sina's valuation – Is it too High ??
- Sina Weibo Virtual Currency Information Leaked, One Weibi is Worth One Yuan
- Even Tom Cruise uses Sina Weibo
- Sina Weibo Launches Paid Premium Service in Face of Monetization Pressure
- New Domain, New Logo, Sina Weibo Goes 'Independent' Tomorrow