- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 8 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 9 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 19 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 21 days ago
WeChat about to Launch Three Games, Developed In-house
The news that the first patch of games on WeChat would be three casual games has been confirmed by some screenshots. The three games are a Parkour-like game, an Anti-Pang-like tile-matching puzzle game (named We Love Pang as the screenshot shows) and a link-up game (called WE-LINK as shown above), according to ifanr, a local tech news site (in Chinese).
The three , now under internal testing, are client games that users can log in with WeChat accounts, wrote ifanr, and HTML5-based games will come out later. The screenshot of the link-up game shows that users can not only interact with WeChat friends but also QQ IM contacts. It’s definitely reasonable to say the games will enable QQ account login.
The three games mentioned are developed by Tencent Beijing, according to ifanr.
Pony Ma, CEO of Tencent, once said mobile gaming must be the first monetization approach WeChat’d take. On the latest earnings conference call, Martin Lau, president of Tencent, disclosed a mobile game platform would be established that third parties could submit games and possibly take revenue cuts.
image credit: ifanr.com
You may also Read: