- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 9 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 10 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 21 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 22 days ago
Amazon to Bring Kindle To China Soon, And Partners With 91 for Kindle’s China App Store
A year ago, we reported that Amazon Kindle might be officially in Chinese market soon. The latest rumor said Amazon China would start the pre-order of Kindle Paperwhite yesterday (27th April), but nothing happened. Today we heard from a trusted source that Amazon China had decided to postpone the release in early May. An important person from Amazon will be in China next week, not sure if he will make the announcement or not, but definitely Amazon is ready to make its first move in the most wanted Chinese mobile market.
The source also told us that the Amazon will partner with 91, which runs the leading independent Android App Market named HiApk, to run its App Store on Kindle in China. Details of this cooperation is not clear but we could guess that 91Assistant’s thousands of Chinese apps would be easily tested then dumped to Kindle App Store to please local Kindle fans.
[Update] We just got an email which shows that Robert Williams, Amazon App Store Global Chief Head will be in Beijing speaking at an event organised by 91 on 7th, May. Whether Robert will be the one to announce the Kindle’s sale in China and the partnership with 91Assistant, we will see.
You may also Read: