- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 10 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 11 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 23 days ago
Latest Version of Sina Weibo Mobile With New Product: PAGE
Yesterday at the GMIC Beijing 2013, Sina Weibo demonstrated its newly launched mobile product called “PAGE”. This new service aggregates the data of users’ social interests into a page on the topics they like. Contents cover from the hotly debated issues, books, music to food and gourmet info.
Take the gourmet page as an example. If any foodie users are looking for Information on popular restaurants, chef’s specials, limited coupons, restaurant location or even the nearby road news. The new gourmet page has it all. Users can also book the restaurants according to what they have found on the PAGE.
Apart from the aggregated data from Weibo, the more reliable users comments are also included on the page layout of this new service. You can track the real-time tweet comments and pictures from other users through the “Heated Discussion Here”, and “Wei Comments” functions. Furthermore, based on a social platform in the first place, the PAGE will absolutely promote the latest check-ins from users’ friends.
During the last weeks of April, Sina Weibo revised its mobile version in which some highlights are the sharing function for attachments, a new briefing-card-like display for each sharing tweet, and allowing different types of hashtags, pictures, music and text in one single tweet.
For the third party apps or companies, this card-like display model can probably intrigue more users to check some related content for users will be directed to the PAGE after tapping each card-like sharing tweet.
Currently Sina Weibo claims about 50 million daily active users, from which 75% are mobile users.
You may also Read:
- Sina Weibo Launching English Version Soon, With the Partnership of FlipBoard and Instagram
- Attention! Sina To Release Its PC version of Weibo Client
- Sina Weibo Virtual Currency Information Leaked, One Weibi is Worth One Yuan
- Sina Weibo is 50-60% of Sina's valuation – Is it too High ??
- Anatomy Of New Sina Weibo, Is It More Than a Microblogging Site?