- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 9 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 10 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 21 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 22 days ago
Appcessory WeiPass Raised Series A Funding, Lands on WeChat Platform
WeiPass offers stone-and-mortar stores a gadget, an electronic seal, and a software platform. Scanning QR codes in the WeiPass app in a user’ smartphone with the gadget, businesses can register a customer or redeem e-coupons stored in the app. The software platform includes customer data and CRM software. For users they need to download a WeiPass app and receive e-coupons or other services through it.
The company has reached partnership with Sina’s payments service and Gaopeng, Groupon’s business in China. Gaopeng will have its 13 thousand merchant partners, including 5 thousand restaurants, in first-tier cities adopt WeiPass solution.
Last week it launched a WeChat-based service with a WeChat API. Now users don’t have to download the app but can receive e-coupons or other e-deals within WeChat. WeiPass, at the same time, hopes to see users share deals to their WeChat friends there.
Both the hardware and software are for free. Merchants will be charged transaction-based fees.
WeiPass is founded by Mr. Li Yan, a serial entrepreneur, who founded Emay Softcom, a mobile commerce solution provider, in 2001, and resigned as CEO after it introduced a controlling shareholder in 2012. IDG Capital Partners is also Emay Softcom’s investor.
You may also Read:
- Local Portal Platform 19Lou Announced RMB60 million Series A Funding
- Ecommerce Outsourcer Yi-Inc Raised $20m in Series B;Tencent Leaks News About New B2C Platform;Pandora Coming To China Soon
- WeChat Lead Says They’d Monetize the Official Accounts Platform First
- Enterprise Software Provider Facishare Announces Series A Funding from IDG
- FTuan Lands $60M In Series C