- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 9 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 10 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 21 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 22 days ago
Xiaomi to Launch A Smart TV Soon?
In this Weibo post published late last night, in the picture there are packaging cardboard boxes with Chinese characters “Xiaomi TV” on one of them (see below) . The cardboard also shows the TV will be 47 inch with embedded Wifi, supporting MiLink which currently can stream media content from smartphones — Xiaomi phone, Android phones supporting DLNA or iPhone (via Airplay) — onto TV screens through Xiaomi Box, a set-top box.
LeTV, the online video company, launched a smart TV, called SuperTV though, last month. LeTV Super TV now offers two models, 60 inch and 39 inch, which are sold for 6999 yuan (US$1130) and 1999 yuan (US$320), respectively. The company also sells a set-top box similar to Xiaomi Box. Both of its TVs and set-top box are manufactured by Foxconn.
It was reported last month that Xiaomi also reached partnership with Foxconn for Xiaomi phone manufacturing. It’s unknown whether the latter would produce TV sets for Xiaomi.
Local media speculated that Xiaomi might launch the TV in August at the company’s annual event. We also heard that Xiaomi might release a laptop running Linux and priced at 3999 yuan at the Auguest event.
Update: the above-mentioned Weibo user posted another picture featuring the rear cover of the TV.
image credit: weibo.com
You may also Read: