- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 5 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 6 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 16 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 17 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 18 days ago
Finally Comes The In-flight Wi-Fi Service in China
If you’re an old friend of our blog, you may remember our chief editor Mr.Lu cheered on his post when AirChina developed an in-flight service for travelers to e-chat with each other on a plane in 2011.
Now the in-flight Wi-Fi finally comes.Yesterday afternoon, on the AirChina Flightca4108 to Chengdu, the Director-General Administration of Civil Aviation of China sent greetings to netizens via the AirChina’s official Weibo account. This is the first of its kind from a Chinese Airplane with Wi-Fi service, from an altitude of 10,000 meters. It’s been the first airline offering satellite-based Wi-Fi service in flight in China.
According to a representative from AirChina, there’s been only one airplane with in-flight Wi-Fi put into service and the flight route remains undecided. It is reported that a handful of more AirChina aircrafts have been capable of it.
The passengers in flight could be able to communicate with others on various social networking platforms, deal with e-mails and do other searching such as flights checking with Wi-Fi service. All they need to do is to login into the specific website via mobile tablets or laptops. But cell phone is still not allowed during the entire air journey.
Another thing people concerned about is the charge of in-flight Wi-Fi which is currently offered for free. It is expected that more valued-added services will be developed later.
You may also Read: