- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 6 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 7 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 19 days ago
Xswlpx.com, Online Education Platform Powered By YY, Secured 15 Million Yuan Financing
Xswlpx.com, an online education service provider, has reportedly secured 15 million yuan ($2.4 mn) of Series A financing from an anonymous investor (source in Chinese). The website provides a series of courses on charting and video programs, including: PhotoShop, 3D max, among others.
The courses are streamed via chat tools, such as YY, a communication social platform developed by the newly U.S. listed social network operator YY Inc. (NASDAQ:YY). YY became an instant hit since its debut in 2008 by introducing video, voice and chat into online group activities.
Founded in 2009 and with a poorly-designed website, Xswlpx.com boasts more than 2,000 classes and over 50,000 students, generating 60 million yuan of revenue in 2012.
As an Internet education platform, Xswlpx.com enjoys a raft of advantages as compared with its offline peers. The students can watch the courses for several times on a more flexible time basis and the one-to-one teaching experience can improve the learning efficiency.
You may also Read:
- Taobao to Launch An Online Education Marketplace
- 40% of China’s Existing Education Market Will Be Online in 3-5 Years: CEO of New Oriental
- Hujiang VP on Online Education Monetization in China: Users and Quality Content are Keys
- A Glimpse on China’s Online Education
- Tencent Open Platform Sees over $400 million Paid to Third-party Developers in 2013