- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 6 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 7 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 19 days ago
Sina Released Micro-Bank to Tap into Payments Sector
This move marked that Sina is posed to tap into the financial market to capitalize on the online financial management mania stirred by AliPay’s Yuebao, an instant online financial management hit for its low investment threshold of one yuan and free fund redemption.
The financial management products listed on Micro-bank will feature easy and convenient operation as well as low liquidity risks.
In addition to financial management, Micro-bank also provides services of accounts opening or cancellation, capital transfer, remittance and credit card payment, noted Dai Feng, vice manager of SinaPay. The large user reservoir hold by Sina Weibo, China’s most popular microblogging service, may boost the development of Micro-bank.
Moreover, Sina will also roll out two new functions, enabling users to pay phone bills, public welfare fees and enjoy coupon discounts. Micro-bank will be an effective measure to plug a hole in Sina’s financial management efforts, according to Dai .
You may also Read:
- [Updated] China Merchants Bank Building A “WeChat Bank”
- Sina Internally Testing Micro Account, to Compete with QQ?
- How Struggling Micro-Blogging Tool Follow 5 Turned Into a Micro-Blog Aggregator
- China Merchants Bank Tries Deeper Integration with WeChat
- Sina Weibo is 50-60% of Sina's valuation – Is it too High ??