- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 3 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 4 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 15 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 15 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 16 days ago
Tencent’s E-commerce Arm Yixun Added WeChat Payment
Tencent’s online retail service Yixun.com announced today that its website as well as Android- and iOS apps support WeChat Payment, a new feature with the latest version of WeChat (report in Chinese).
On PC end, a QR code will be generated after a user ticks the box of WeChat Payment. After the user scan the QR code, payments will be made with a bank account bundled with his or her WeChat account. For mobile users, they can finish the payment process by selecting WeChat Payment and input the password.
Yixun’s website recorded hundreds of orders via WeChat Payment on Aug 8, the debut day. The mobile apps caught up rapidly to outperform the website after its launch on Aug 16.
Yixun also plans to enable users to order and pay by clicking on Yixun links shared between WeChat users, disclosed an insider. The service will facilitate the payment process by saving the step of redirecting users to browsers.
You may also Read:
- Weixin Got Updated: Named WeChat, Added Facebook Connect, 7 Languages and Path-like Feature
- Now Chinese Users Can Pay for McDonald’s Purchases within WeChat
- WeChat 5.0 Goes Live, with Mobile Games, Payment Solution, An Almighty Scanner, Voice-to-text Capability and More!
- WeChat Wo SIM Card to Launch A 10-yuan Monthly Data Plan
- WeChat Surpassed 100 million Overseas Users