- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 2 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 3 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 14 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 14 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 15 days ago
Event: Coding for Climate Change – August 31 – September 1, Shanghai
This is a first for China, having entrepreneurs co-create with government sponsored researchers. Researchers not only have contributed their time, but also a wealth of datasets, making it open to the public and Aks Lab’s creative community to play with and use in their apps, websites or any other solutions.
The event puts 100,000RMB of seed funding per team up for grabs and invites ANYONE, hackers, programmers, artists, business people, marketers, designers, or even students, in the public to generate ideas that uses technology to either raise awareness or to create tools to prevent future climate change impact.
A panel of judges including officials from the British Embassy, as well as investors focused on social-entrepreneurship will decide the winning startups of the 100,000rmb seed-funding.
Address People Square Lighthouse, 700 Changping Rd, JingAn, Shanghai (near Changde Rd)
August 31 – Morning pitch session. Teams will then be formed to flush out their ideas and get customer validation of their products.
September 1st - Final pitch on the evening.
You may also Read:
- Event: Google Technology User Group (GTUG) Shanghai Event on 29th Nov
- Event: The 2nd Networking Event of the MIT Enterprise Forum, Shanghai
- Speak Your Mind At BarCamp Shanghai, September 24th
- Entrepreneurs! Welcome to Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) CEO Dinner at 22nd September, Shanghai
- Upcoming Event: 10 Entrepreneurs x 10 Minutes, August 18th