- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 10 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 11 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 23 days ago
Last-minute Hotel Booking Service HotelQuickly Announced Series A Funding
HotelQuickly, a Hong Kong-based last-minute hotel booking service, announced today $13 million in series A round of funding. The mobile app offers hotel rooms that are available for booking from noon to 4 in the morning, and can be booked for up to 5 nights.
Starting from six regions in Asia, HotelQuickly now is on 2 continents and in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, covering about 40 different destinations, according to the company. About 400 hotels across the region have teamed up with HotelQuickly to sell their last-minute inventory with discounts.
The app is available for free for iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry 10. Over 150,000 users have downloaded the app since late March.
Investors in this round include Boon Hwee Koh, former Chairman of numerous companies such as Singtel, Singapore Airlines and DBS Bank, and current board member of several private companies such as Singapore’s Temasek Holdings. The new funding will be used for further expansion within Asia-Pacific region and to accelerate product development, said the company.
You may also Read:
- Hong Kong-based HotelQuickly Launches Last-minute Hotel Booking Service in Six Regions across Asia
- Chinese Hotel Booking App Bingdian Grabbed Series A Round
- Hotel Booking Application ChuJian Raised $10M
- Former Ctrip Exec and Hotel Chain Founder Built An App for Personalized Hotel Options: QHotel
- [Updated]Ctrip Invests in Economy Hotel Manager, A Hotel App