- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 10 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 11 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 23 days ago
Sina Weibo, Home Appliance Maker Hisense Jointly Released Smart Air Conditioners To Tap IOT Sector
Sina Weibo and Hisense, a leading home appliance manufacturer, jointly released two smart air conditioners on Sept. 23 to make inroads into Internet of things (IOT) market. The new products will be open for preorder in the beginning of October (report in Chinese).
After bundling smart air conditioners with Sina Weibo accounts designated for each appliance with a few setting steps, customers can control their air conditioners by sending private messages to the Weibo account, which will also keep the users updated about the conditions and environment data of the bundled appliance.
The two companies planned to expand their cooperation to other home appliances, such as television and refrigerator, in the future to improve user experience.
In the first half of this year, Sina Weibo has laid out in IOT industry by releasing Meteorological Station, an environmental monitoring hardware that can be controlled by sending Weibo private messages (source in Chinese).
Sina Weibo, which records more than 500 million registered users, aims to connect its user data with smart home appliances in a bid to strengthen its role as a control and service platform, according to industry insiders.
You may also Read:
- This Home Weather Station Can Broadcast Real-time Readings onto Sina Weibo
- Sina Weibo Adding Smart Sorting Feature
- Sina Weibo Virtual Currency Information Leaked, One Weibi is Worth One Yuan
- Sina Weibo is 50-60% of Sina's valuation – Is it too High ??
- Sina Released Micro-Bank to Tap into Payments Sector