Business Development Manager
We’ve got the great content and now we’re looking for a sales and product specialist to help monetize it. The day-to-day work is never boring, and you’ll find yourself working on driving conversions, coordinating with current partners, and refining our paid offerings based on customer feedback. If you get excited by crafting and executing sales and product strategies, are passionate about communicating with others about great products, and want to get in on the ground floor of a growing media company, read on…
- You live in Beijing or Shanghai.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in designing sales and product strategies, including working with customer feedback and product teams. Experience working with content products and/or in the media is a big plus.
- You are confident using your Mandarin and English in a professional environment and are skilled at communicating across cultures.
- You often find yourself telling everyone else about the latest happenings in town or the latest news in the best way possible. You get off being ‘in-the-know’ and others respect you for it.
- You have an innate and insatiable curiosity about the world around you. You always want to know more and understand the trends, forces, and people that are changing the world.
- You love communicating. Whether it’s meeting new people, documenting your latest discoveries, or just talking to your friends about what matters to you, you are always looking for new ways to express your ideas.
What you’ll do
- Monetize our high-quality content and events.
- Build and increase TechNode’s global paying membership base
- Build relationships with and source revenue from high-quality and high-value sponsors. TechNode has worked with a variety of small and large companies in the past, including CryptoKitties, JLL, Alibaba, BMW, Merck, and many more
- Design and implement sales and product strategies and driving conversions to memberships
- Coordinate with TechNode’s other teams on current and potential new areas of revenue
- Attending great events to get to know our readers and understand what we are doing for them
- Use design thinking to understand and analyze the data we collect, and how we can improve our paid offerings
- Lead content marketing initiatives for clients; this will include helping out with ideation and creation of content marketing pieces
- Assist in the management of various operational projects (large and small events, membership campaigns, and editorial projects)
- Ensure project phases are managed and progress smoothly
- Ensure documentation is kept accurate and transparent
- Help the editorial team to create effective communication and scheduling processes
- Pitch in with editorial duties as required, to include content marketing, copy editing and proofreading, as well as overall editorial direction
What you’ll get
- A friendly and fun-loving team
- An experience like no other: Help build the first sustainable tech media about China business
- In-depth knowledge and a thorough understanding of the tech industry in China. Be a thought leader by interacting with various communities within and outside China.
- A professional team who is focussed on producing great content. Work with stars and heavyweights who are doing their best work in their careers, and get the necessary expertise to be good at what you do.
- Salary: 15-17k depending on experience and skills
- Quarterly bonus system based on the following:
- Revenue growth rate
- Conversion rate
- Relative market share
- Project schedule variance
If you’d like to apply, please fill in this form (may require a VPN).