We’re looking for translators who can help us better communicate what’s happening in the oft-uncovered places of China’s technology and startup ecosystems. If you’re excited about taking the pulse of the Middle Kingdom, translating compelling stories for a wide audience, and helping everyone understand China better, then read on…
You have at least 1 year of experience translating Chinese to English for a public audience.
You have an innate and insatiable curiosity about the world around you. You always want to know more and understand the trends, forces, and people that are changing the world.
You love helping people to communicate across languages and cultures. Whether it’s crafting compelling translations of others’ work or just helping friends from different backgrounds, you are always looking for better ways to represent meaning across languages and cultures.
You are able to find the right balance between speed and quality. While you realize that getting a job done by the agreed deadline is important, you are also not comfortable publishing anything that is below your own quality expectations.
What You’ll Do
We are a growing team so you’ll likely get involved in a little bit of everything, but here are some of the main things you’ll be doing:
- Sourcing, pitching and translating stories about China’s technology and startup ecosystems, mostly from our sister site.
- Communicating with the editorial team about stories, sources, and deadlines
- Contributing to editorial discussions and direction
What You’ll Get
- A friendly and fun-loving team
- A flexible working environment: work where and when you want
- An experience like no other: tell the story of China’s rise and expertise in the tech arena.
- In-depth knowledge and a thorough understanding of the tech industry in China.
- A professional team who is focused on producing great content. Work with stars and heavyweights who are doing their best work in their careers, and get the necessary expertise to be good at what you do.
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply, please fill in this form.