TechNode is looking for an experienced copy editor for its China market to uphold high-quality, consistent content across its publications. The job can be in Shanghai or in other Asia timezone regions. This is a part-time role.
- You can edit English accurately and at a high level. You have experience applying a style guide (preferably AP) to news copy.
- You can turn around raw copy fast and have the patience to work with writers for whom English may not be the first language. You prefer coaching over criticism and support over sophistry.
- You have an intense attention to detail and can identify legal dangers and factual mistakes in copy.
- You are familiar with promoting news stories across social media platforms and engaging with readers to attract more readership.
- Chinese language skills and familiarity with the Chinese tech sector are huge pluses but not required.
- You are a team player and have a can-do attitude.
- You can work according to Beijing time.
- You have preferably a minimum of 3 years of experience in copy editing roles.
What you’ll do
We are a small team so you’ll likely get involved in a little bit of everything, but here are some of the main things you’ll be doing:
- Work with the editorial team in China to shape news and feature stories through editing, fact-checking, rewriting, and coaching.
- Act as a production editor, polishing and publishing copies and newsletters.
- Work with other teams to promote TechNode’s work across social media, and expand TechNode’s presence on social media platforms.
- Contribute to editorial discussions and direction.
What you’ll get
- In-depth knowledge and a thorough understanding of the tech industry in China.
- Opportunities to meet and make connections with innovators and entrepreneurs changing our world.
- Experience in a fast-paced newsroom with daily deadlines.
- A friendly and fun-loving team that is focused on producing great content.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply, please fill in this form (may not work with VPN).