TechNode is looking for a copy editor to ensure high quality, consistent content across its publications. The job can be located in Shanghai or Beijing.
- You have experience applying a style guide (preferably AP) to news copy as either an editor or writer.
- You are able to edit English accurately and at a high level. Chinese language abilities are desirable, but not required.
- You have an intense attention to detail. You like to dive deep into the weeds on any number of subjects and use that same approach when looking at others’ work.
- You are skilled at communicating across cultures.
- You are always looking for ways to improve. Not only are you good at finding problems, but also at coming up with creative solutions. You prefer coaching over criticism and support over sophistry.
- You are able to come to an office in Shanghai or Beijing.
What you’ll do
We are a small team, so you’ll likely get involved in a little bit of everything, but here are some of the main things you’ll be doing:
- Shape news and features stories through editing, shaping, and coaching.
- Write and update authoritative style documents.
- Contribute to editorial discussions and direction.
What you’ll get
- An opportunity to expand your knowledge of the English language.
- Experience in a fast-paced newsroom with daily deadlines.
- A friendly and fun-loving team that is focused on producing great content.
- In-depth knowledge and a thorough understanding of the tech industry in China.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply, please fill in this form (may not work with VPN).