We’re looking for a newsletter editor to take over the management and production of our newsletters. Newsletters are a core part of our free and paid offerings. Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, the newsletter editor is responsible for designing, producing, and publishing newsletters that highlight our best work.
- You live in China, preferably Beijing or Shanghai.
- You have at least 1 year experience of editing and publishing newsletters.
- You are passionate about China and technology.
- You read widely and are able to bring various sources to bear.
- You are skilled at summarizing content and packaging it into a compelling format.
- You are skilled at communicating across cultures. You are a native speaker of English or have native-level English. While your Chinese language abilities may not be 100% fluent, you are still able to effectively communicate with others from different backgrounds.
- You are passionate about pursuing quality journalism and telling China’s tech story to the world.
- You have an innate and insatiable curiosity about the world around you. You always want to know more and understand the trends, forces, and people that are changing the world.
- You are eager to work with reporters, encouraging them to produce their best work to the highest standards.
- Experience in a newsroom is a big plus.
What you’ll do
- Evaluate our free and paid newsletter strategy.
- Publish our daily, weekly, and bi-weekly newsletters.
- Source content from TechNode and other outlets to include in the newsletters.
- Coordinate with your editorial counterparts on what to publish and when.
- Coordinate with marketing and sales teams to ensure our events and sponsor messages are communicated to our subscribers.
- Manage freelance translators and copy editors for timely publication.
- Contribute to editorial discussions and direction.
What You’ll Get
- A professional team that is focused on producing great content.
- A chance to be part of a media organization that is entering a new stage of growth, embracing fresh approaches.
- Opportunities to meet and make connections with the people changing our world.
- A friendly and fun-loving team.
- A journalistic experience like no other: Tell the story of China’s rise and expertise in the tech arena.
- In-depth knowledge and a thorough understanding of the tech industry in China.
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply, please fill in this form (may require a VPN).