We’re looking for a multimedia journalist for our team of visual reporters who can help us tell stories about the ways technology is changing Chinese society and serve up those insights for a global audience.
You are skilled at communicating across cultures. While your second language abilities may not be 100% fluent, you are still able to effectively communicate with others from different backgrounds.
- You love to produce visual-heavy multimedia and multiplatform news features that evoke emotion and take our audience right to the scene of the most exciting developments in China.
- As part of a small visual team, you thrive working in a fast-paced environment. You can oversee multiple rounds of video edits, maintain a complex publishing schedule, edit short print stories and source photos.
- You see social media engagement as a priority and think it’s fun to monitor YouTube analytics. You’re eager to help grow our YouTube audience and have the right strategies to do so.
- You love innovation when it comes to format, but you’re by the books in terms of news judgment. You can work with editors and reporters to source and select appropriate photos and artwork, and you’re ready to manage TechNode’s growing media library
- Our team is based in Shanghai, but candidates from Beijing or Shenzhen are also welcome to apply
What you’ll do
We are a small but growing team so you’ll likely get involved in a little bit of everything, but here are some of the main things you’ll be doing:
- Produce, shoot and edit your own news videos and multimedia long reads: profile CEOs and VCs, dive into China’s latest internet trends, get your hands on new gadgets and talk to regular people about the ways technology is shaping their lives
- Work closely with a team of 2-3 visual journalists and take part in pitches and edits to maintain a consistent publishing schedule
- Proactively work with editors to shoot and source photos for upcoming print stories
- Publish videos to social media and use best practices to track analytics and boost our YouTube subscriber count. Compile bimonthly video analytics reports.
What you’ll get
Opportunities to meet and make connections with the people changing our world
A friendly and fun-loving team
An experience like no other: tell the story of China’s rise and expertise in the tech arena
In-depth knowledge and a thorough understanding of the tech industry in China.
A professional team focused on producing great content. Work with stars and heavyweights who are doing their best work in their careers, and get the necessary expertise to be good at what you do.
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply, please fill in this form.