Editor’s note: This originally appeared on Analyse Asia, a weekly podcast hosted by Bernard Leong, dedicated to dissecting the pulse of business, technology, and media in Asia. The podcast features guests from Asia’s vibrant tech community.
Carolina Milanesi from Creative Strategies & Techpinions joined us for a two-part discussion from Huawei to artificial intelligence & Internet of things. In the second part, we discussed artificial intelligence, Internet of things and how the major companies such as Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Google & Baidu are approaching the technology through their own core competencies and where it is heading.
Listen to the episode here or subscribe.
Here are the interesting show notes and links to the discussion (with timestamps included):
- Carolina Milanesi, Consumer Tech Analyst, Creative Strategies (@caro_milanesi, LinkedIn, Techpinions)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Internet of Things (IoT) [0:52]
- How do you define artificial intelligence in the technological perspective? [1:06]
- What is the definition of Internet of Things (IoT)? [1:52]
- If I have a piece of technology, how do I know that AI is embedded within? [2:06]
- There are different efforts on AI mainly in applying machine learning into digital assistants, for example Microsoft’s Cortana, Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa, Google and Baidu, where are their competencies in this area and how they are approaching it? [3:40]
- Microsoft with Cortana, Microsoft Office and Dynamics [3:50]
- Apple with Siri, iPhone, Apple Watch and TV [9:31]
- Amazon with Alexa and AWS [12:50]
- Google [15:19]
- Baidu [18:48]
- Recently after the CES, you wrote an article about artificial intelligence (AI) has now taken over the acronym where Internet of Things have occupied, how did you come to that conclusion? [20:37]
- AI and IoT are technologies that are usually embedded within devices or in spaces to enable connectivity, communication and interaction. Using the hype cycle perspective, do you think that they are both in the stage of inflated expectations in the cycle? [22:40]
TechNode does not necessarily endorse the commentary made in this program.