Editor’s note: This originally appeared on the China Business Cast. China Business Cast is a podcast featuring experienced entrepreneurs and business people making things happen in China. If you want to learn from on the ground accounts of how business actually gets done in China, this is the program for you.
Alvin Wang Graylin is today’s guest. Mr. Graylin is the China President of Vive (VIVE.com) at HTC leading all aspects of the Vive/VR business in the region.
He is also currently Vice-Chairman of the Industry of Virtual Reality Alliance (IVRA.com), president of the $15 Billion Virtual Reality Venture Capital Alliance (VRVCA.com) and oversees the Vive X VR accelerator in Asia. He has had over 22 years of business management experience in the tech industry, including 15 years operating in Greater China. Prior to HTC, Mr. Graylin was a serial entrepreneur, having founded four venture-backed startups in the mobile and internet spaces, covering mobile social, adtech, search, big data and digital media.
Additionally, he has held P&L roles at public companies such as Intel, Trend Micro, and WatchGuard Technologies.
- Shlomo talks about upcoming events
- Mike talks about Global From Asia Amazon Workshop
- Introducing Alvin Wang Graylin
- Alvin Talks about what he is currently doing these days
- A Quick review for the current VR/AR market in China? Is China no less than the promised land for AR/VR?
- How is China doing in this industry VS the west? Same levels of innovation in this sector?
- Question from WeChat group (David): What needs to change to solve the lack of VR content and what HTC is doing to solve this?
- (David) What is a killer application for AR/VR?
- Question from WeChat group (Zina): What kind of change will it’s products bring to media if there is? And how many and what kind of media companies in China would like to Use AR/VR in news or news products? Any broadcasts planning on doing VR content for news or travel shows?
- Question from WeChat group (Nate): Education: Are there any classroom examples of Vive VR in action?
- Question from WeChat group (Uriyah): Where are the earliest use-cases for AR/VR in China in the B2
- Question from WeChat group (Junse): What psychological effects will VR bring to Human mind like smartphones have on our daily lives?
- Alvin recommends 2 books
- How people can get in touch with Alvin
- Techcrunch Shenzhen
- Global From Asia Amazon Leverage Workshop
- China Business Cast Patron page
- Virtual Reality (VR)
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- Industry of Virtual Reality Alliance
- Virtual Reality Venture Capital Alliance
Alvin’s Book Recommendation
TechNode does not necessarily endorse the commentary made in this program.