Editor’s note: This originally appeared on the China Business Cast. China Business Cast is a podcast featuring experienced entrepreneurs and business people making things happen in China. If you want to learn from on the ground accounts of how business actually gets done in China, this is the program for you.
Drew Kirchhoff is a co-founder of Yoli, a WeChat-first on-demand English and Chinese language learning platform. Before co-founding yoli, Drew worked at Yodo1, where he helped build up the mobile gaming company’s international biz dev and global publishing business. He was the product manager of Crossy Road, a casual mobile gaming title that won an Apple Design Award and earned Google Play Game of the Year in 2015, tallying more than 100 million downloads worldwide. Since co-founding yoli just over a year ago, he has been an avid WeChat entrepreneur, featured by WeChat’s Enterprise Account team, and frequently consults for companies on their WeChat product development strategy.
- Drew shares about his history and how he got into startups and e-commerce
- Drew discusses how he met his co-founders and how Yoli started Yoli is running within WeChat
- Drew shares why they decided to keep it on this platform
- Question: How technical is developing Yoli on WeChat?
- Drew explains how they got the word out about Yoli in the beginning
- Transitioning from H.I. to A.I.
- Using QR codes in China vs. in the West
- Drew shares how they have developed and are still developing Yoli
Download and Subscribe
- Download this episode: right click on this link and choose “save as”
- Subscribe to China Business Cast on iTunes
- Or check out the full list of subscription options
- Periscope Live broadcasting of the recordings follow @StartupNoodle (open link on mobile)
- Add Mike (‘michelini’) or Shlomo (‘shlomof’) on wechat to join China Business Cast WeChat group
TechNode does not necessarily endorse the commentary made in this program.