- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 5 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 6 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 16 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 17 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 18 days ago
Maxthon Released Its Mobile Version for Android
Maxthon, one of the most popular browsers in China has just released its mobile version, named Maxthon Mobile for Android. Maxthon Mobile comes with some nice features which are pretty easy to use:
- RSS reader – allows you to read rss feeds on mobile
- Super Gesture – allows you to create, close and switch tabs without click.
- Download – support resuming downloads, and you are able to view/play pictures/videos downloaded.
- Sync – allow you to sync the data, such as bookmarks between your desktop Maxthon and mobile version
- Multi-tabs – like Maxthon, you can open a page in a new Tab.
Maxthon has been in the browser market for years, but never officially released any mobile version before, even for Symbian which still dominates Chinese smart phone market. According to Analysis International’s latest report, by end of Q3 2010, the number of active users who are using third-party mobile browser has reach 100million in China. The market is shared by UCWeb (55.4%), Opera Mini (19.3%), Tencent Mobile browser (9.87%) and 3G.cn browser etc.
It’s not too late. Given the fact that Maxthon desktop takes around 22% Chinese browser market share, Maxthon Mobile definitely has the chance to be a strong player in mobile browser market, if they are really serious about it.
You may also Read: