- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 4 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 5 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 16 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 16 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 17 days ago
New Domain, New Logo, Sina Weibo Goes 'Independent' Tomorrow
Sina’s Weibo (microblogging) service will officially goes ‘independent’ tomorrow. The official announcement from Sina says from tomorrow (7th April 2011), Weibo service (on t.sina.com.cn & t.sina.cn) will be auto redirected to weibo.com and weibo.cn for wap user.
Launched in August 2009, Sina Weibo acquired its first 50 millions users within first 14 months and it only took another 4 months to get its second 50 millions users. And now even Tom Cruise has its account set up. Sina has spent loads of effort building the Weibo service as a platform, and adding value-added service such as check-in service, group buying service on top of it.
Insiders are telling me that Sina is even planning to get its Weibo IPO one day. If Weibo keeps growing like this in 2011, I would not surprise if it does.
You may also Read: