- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 8 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 8 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 19 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 21 days ago
Breaking, Groupon.com Acquired Groupon.cn
It’s good to be a copycat in China as long as the market it’s dealing with is still hot, and if you own the .cn domain of the original site, it is definitely one of the keys to get more attention (or just get people confused…) and even succeed. We just heard that Groupon.cn got acquired the group buying giant Groupon.com, the deal is signed today.
Groupon.cn is launched in March 2010. It raised the first round $2.2millions in April 2010, and in December 2010, the second round (reported ~rmb 200-300 millions) was closed.
We’ve been writing about Groupon.com in China, the comments on Gaopeng.com were not that optimistic. So how about Gaopeng + Groupon.cn?
You may also Read:
- Gaopeng.com Closed Down by Tencent, the Future of Groupon China Is Uncertain
- Kaixin001 Launched Its Groupon and Groupon Aggregation Service
- Chinese Groupon, Lashou and Meituan both Confirm They Raised Venture Capital
- Breaking: Sina Acquired Focus Media For $1 Billion
- Groupon Starts Recruiting Management Team for China