- More Chinese Startups Are Moving to Second-tier CitiesPosted 7 days ago
- Meitu Kiss Phone Released. Will Meitu Be Another Xiaomi?Posted 7 days ago
- [Updated]Mobile QQ Users Are Angry With the New Version’s Becoming A WeChat KnockoffPosted 7 days ago
- Sogou CEO Admitted Talks with Qihoo on Potential InvestmentPosted 10 days ago
- Taobao Turns Ten Today: A Look BackPosted 13 days ago
Breaking, Groupon.com Acquired Groupon.cn
It’s good to be a copycat in China as long as the market it’s dealing with is still hot, and if you own the .cn domain of the original site, it is definitely one of the keys to get more attention (or just get people confused…) and even succeed. We just heard that Groupon.cn got acquired the group buying giant Groupon.com, the deal is signed today.
Groupon.cn is launched in March 2010. It raised the first round $2.2millions in April 2010, and in December 2010, the second round (reported ~rmb 200-300 millions) was closed.
We’ve been writing about Groupon.com in China, the comments on Gaopeng.com were not that optimistic. So how about Gaopeng + Groupon.cn?
You may also Read:
- Gaopeng.com Closed Down by Tencent, the Future of Groupon China Is Uncertain
- Kaixin001 Launched Its Groupon and Groupon Aggregation Service
- Chinese Groupon, Lashou and Meituan both Confirm They Raised Venture Capital
- Breaking: Sina Acquired Focus Media For $1 Billion
- Groupon Starts Recruiting Management Team for China