- Sogou CEO Admitted Talks with Qihoo on Potential InvestmentPosted 5 days ago
- Taobao Turns Ten Today: A Look BackPosted 8 days ago
- Alibaba Invests US$294 million for 28% of AutoNavi, Becoming Its Biggest ShareholderPosted 8 days ago
- [Updated]Baidu Acquires PPS for $370 million in Cash, Will Merge It Into iQiyiPosted 11 days ago
- Alibaba Confirms Investment in Sina Weibo, Taking An 18% Stake for $586 millionPosted 19 days ago
Mobile Internet Accelerating With Increasing Apps Usage, says Umeng
UMeng, an Innovation Works affiliate which just raised US$ tens of millions from venture capital Matrix, released its latest Android usage report, highlighting China mobile internet’s accelerating with increasing apps usage in the second quarter of this year.
＊Mobile internet is accelerating, felt in apps users and usage: this June saw a rise in daily users of UMeng Top 100 Apps (3 times than this Jan) and an increase in daily sessions of UMeng Top 100 Apps (4 times than this Jan).
*Smartphones running Android 2.3 now account for 14% of all Android phone.
* Foreign Brands Top Chart – HTC, Motorola, Samsung
China Brands Top Chart – Huawei, Meizu, Lenovo, ZTE
* Big potential in areas like: Guangdong, Jiangsu, Hebei, Henan, Hunan, Sichuan, Zhejiang, Shandong.
* 3rd party app stores are still the main distribution for android apps, 51% apps are downloaded via them.
* Increasing interests in developing social, entertaining, ecommerce apps.
* Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Beijing altogether has 49.4% of all mobile internet users.
You can download the full report (in Chinese) here.
Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Beijing altogether has 49.4% of all mobile internet users.
Increasing interests in developing social, entertaining, ecommerce apps
You may also Read:
- UMeng Raise ~$10M from Matrix Partners, Targeting at Mobile Advertisement Market
- 34.6% of iOS Devices in China Are Jailbroken, According to UMeng’s Report
- UMeng Introduces Social, Cloud Storage Functions For App Users, Developers
- Innovation Works’ UMeng About to Close Its Several Millions Dollar Fund
- The Mobile Internet Gold Rush Causing Touch Screen Shortage