- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 6 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 7 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 19 days ago
Mobile Internet Accelerating With Increasing Apps Usage, says Umeng
UMeng, an Innovation Works affiliate which just raised US$ tens of millions from venture capital Matrix, released its latest Android usage report, highlighting China mobile internet’s accelerating with increasing apps usage in the second quarter of this year.
＊Mobile internet is accelerating, felt in apps users and usage: this June saw a rise in daily users of UMeng Top 100 Apps (3 times than this Jan) and an increase in daily sessions of UMeng Top 100 Apps (4 times than this Jan).
*Smartphones running Android 2.3 now account for 14% of all Android phone.
* Foreign Brands Top Chart – HTC, Motorola, Samsung
China Brands Top Chart – Huawei, Meizu, Lenovo, ZTE
* Big potential in areas like: Guangdong, Jiangsu, Hebei, Henan, Hunan, Sichuan, Zhejiang, Shandong.
* 3rd party app stores are still the main distribution for android apps, 51% apps are downloaded via them.
* Increasing interests in developing social, entertaining, ecommerce apps.
* Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Beijing altogether has 49.4% of all mobile internet users.
You can download the full report (in Chinese) here.
Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Beijing altogether has 49.4% of all mobile internet users.
Increasing interests in developing social, entertaining, ecommerce apps
You may also Read:
- UMeng Raise ~$10M from Matrix Partners, Targeting at Mobile Advertisement Market
- 34.6% of iOS Devices in China Are Jailbroken, According to UMeng’s Report
- UMeng Introduces Social, Cloud Storage Functions For App Users, Developers
- Innovation Works’ UMeng About to Close Its Several Millions Dollar Fund
- The Mobile Internet Gold Rush Causing Touch Screen Shortage