- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 10 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 11 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 23 days ago
Baidu to Launch Cloud-Powered Photo Sharing Service: Baidu Xiangce
A new photo sharing service Baidu Xiangce (translates to Baidu Album) was launched secretly by Baidu lately.
This is part of the broad strategy of the search giant to expand its business into cloud forefronts. According to Wang Jing, the vice president of its engineering division and head of mobile, “We have a few partnerships coming up and will announce it in a week.” Two months ago, Baidu just released its cloud storage service Baidu Netdisk.
The new service is still in beta testing and looks similar to Baidu Netdisk for they both provide the service of storing files and pictures on a cloud platform. However it is said that Xiangce will differ in its ability to manage and edit pictures. SNS features are also added to it and users can share their favorite pictures with friends.
In general, Baidu Xiangce offers these core functions: a)uploading pictures without surrendering to compression, b)sharing without scarifying privacy with privacy control, c) cloud-based back-up technology to make sure the pictures won’t get lost, d) apps for PC and mobile devices.
In the future, Xiangce will have open access to Motu (an InnovationWorks incubated mobile app focusing on picture-processing, acquired by Baidu earlier last year), and Baidu Netdisk (offering a free space of 15G).
The piece was written by Charlie Sheng, a nerd born in the 90s with interests in tech, innovation and art.
You may also Read:
- Baidu To Launch Cloud Storage Service
- Baidu Reorganizes to Set up Mobile Cloud Computing Business
- Kaixin001 Releases Photo-sharing App TuTeng
- Kaixin001 To Co-operate Group Buying Service; Baidu To Launch Online Recruitment Service With New Domain Name And Branding
- Tencent Launched Its Instagram-like Photo-sharing App, Q Pai