- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 8 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 9 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 21 days ago
TMall to Lure More International Brands
The remarkable RMB 19.1 billion revenue Taobao/TMall generated on November 11, or the so-called Double Eleven Single’s Day, alone is enough to lure traditional brands to its web premise. And TMall went on to raid other B2C platforms in China by providing dedicated B2C system for international brands with independent domain name and sophisticated ecommerce solutions catered for their needs.
TMall codenamed the new move “Channel Revolution 2.0”.
It’s evident that Tmall has the tendency to lean towards big brands. They benefited more from the platform compared with small-time players. Out of the Top 10 brands by revenue in the big sales on Nov. 11, 9 of them are big names.
Introduction of multinational brands could definitely help level up TMall’s product line-up. The largest Chinese B2C platform is adding 60 – 90 new merchants everyday, however most of which are small brands. TMall needs more brands that are being sought after by consumers to promote the overall image of its online virtual commercial property.
You may also Read:
- Tmall Hit RMB 20bn in First Half of 2012
- Taobao To Launch Open Platform For TMall; Baidu Launches URL Shortening Service; Kaixin001 Goes Aggressively On Mobile App
- 2011.11.11, $820m Transaction Volume, the Miracle Day for Taobao and TMall
- Alibaba’s TMall Gets New Logo and AR Combination
- Taobao/Tmall Hit $3.06B Daily Sales, Making a New World Record