- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 10 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 11 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 23 days ago
Recipe Sharing Service Douguo Raised $8M Series B from GGV Capital
Local news broke that Douguo, the Chinese recipe sharing network, raised a US$ 8 million Series B round of financing from GGV Capital couple months ago. The venture capital disclosed the funding this August along with its announcement of completing fund raising for its fourth fund.
Duogou was founded by Wang Yuxiang and former VP of 7k7k.com, a social gaming site. 7k7k is also a portfolio company of GGV.
Douguo received RMB tens of millions investment from Shanda in series A. As of now, the company claimed more than 6 million users on mobile front and over 10,000 recipes shared by users. It provided services across multiple outlets including website www.douguo.com, Android app and iOS app.
GGV Capital raised US$ 625 million for its fourth fund which invested Chinese startups including Meilishuo (social ecommerce), RedYellowBlue Kid’s Education (education) and Douguo (recipe sharing).
You may also Read:
- Jiuxian.com Completed Series B Round from Sequoia and Oriental Fortune Capital
- Fishing Joy Developer Punchbox Raised US$ 14 M In Series B
- Food SNS Douguo Raise US$ 1.54 million in Shanda Funding
- VIPShop raised $50 million in Series B from DCM and Sequoia
- Online Storage Service 115 Discontinues Public Sharing for Copyright Concern