- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 3 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 4 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 14 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 15 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 16 days ago
Shanda to Launch A Smart Watch Running Firefox OS
The watch will be launched in the upcoming June. Not only does it has a model running the ubiquitous Android, but also one running the newly released Firefox OS. It will be priced above 100 dollars.
Apart from choices of operating systems, Shanda will roll out one with e-ink screen. It’s understandable it’s for the sake of Cloudary, Shanda’s digital literature business whose e-ink reader is also developed by Guoke. But, isn’t the screen too small for reading?
Gu Xiaobin, CEO of Guoke, told media earlier that they’d also develop a set-top box for gaming, which had always been Shanda’s dream. Back in 2005 the company launched Shanda Box, a set-top box, with the dream of digitalizing households’ living rooms.
You may also Read: