- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 3 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 4 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 15 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 16 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 17 days ago
20-22nd May, See You At Israel-Asia Summit in Tel Aviv, Israel
Almost every time I tell my friends I am going to Israel, the response back to me is: is it safe there? Then I told them I will be there visiting tech startups and internet companies, I can always see the doubts on their faces.
Israel, is a nation that most of people here think it’s it’s really far and full of mystery. As for its web industry, they have little knowledge about it too. But in fact, as Saul Singer says in his book, it’s a Startup Nation with full of talents, startups and innovation.
In 20-22nd May, organized by Israel-Asia Center, Israel-Asia Summit will be held in Tel Aviv. The event is to be an interactive platform for ideas share on the biggest challenges facing Asia in the next decade and how Asian industry can work together to find innovative solutions.
On behalf of TechNode, I will have the honour to join a panel on stage talking about the innovation and startup scene in China and Asia. Of course, the most exciting part for me is that I will finally have the chance to explore the true spirit of this startup nation. Lots of startups and places I am planning to visit, including:
- Microsoft Accelerator, Israel - it is one of three outside of the US, the other two being in India and China. Microsoft decided to open the program to harness Israel’s strength in innovation and entrepreneurship. The accelerator is located in the Microsoft R&D Center in Herzliya, at the heart of the ‘Start-Up Nation’.
- Intel R&D Center - Intel Israel was founded in 1974 in Haifa as the pioneer of the high-tech industry in Israel. It is Intel’s largest R&D Center with more than 7,800 employees, in addition to indirectly impacting the employment of 23,000 workers in Israel.
- Google R&D Center – Google R&D Centers in Tel Aviv and Haifa combine the excitement and innovation that make the ‘Start-Up Nation’ famous, with vast resources and a global focus. Their engineers have worked on products for global markets, including Search, Apps, and Social products, as well as on core Google infrastructure.
- And many startups like: Bizzabo, Waze, GetTaxi, iMingle, eToro etc.
It should be a very exciting journey. If you are interested in this trip, please just email us on: contact At technode.com
You may also Read:
- Israel, the New Source of Innovation for Chinese Startups?
- HealthValley.Asia, an Online Platform for Asia-centric Healthcare TMT News and Analysis Launched
- Entrepreneurs! Welcome to Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) CEO Dinner at 22nd September, Shanghai
- Follow the Asia Internet Beat at OpenWebAsia Conference in Hainan on Dec.10th
- Geek Goddess Show, Video Podcasting The Asia Web From Singapore