- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 6 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 7 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 19 days ago
Two Top Chinese Universities to Join Coursera
Fudan University and Shanghai Jiaotong University, two top Chinese universities based in Shanghai, reportedly have reached partnership with Coursera, one of the leading MOOC (massive open online courses) platforms. What courses the two would upload onto the platform wasn’t disclosed (in Chinese).
Also in the past week Coursera announced it had raised $43 million in Series B. Coursera has accelerated its expansion outside the U.S., working on translation, developing partnerships with local institutions, etc.
In May of this year, Peking University and Tsinghua University, another two top Chinese Universities based in Beijing, joined edX, another major MOOC platform founded by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University.
Some Chinese Universities like Shanghai Jiaotong University have been making online courses and offer them to students in areas where fewer educational resources are available. Platforms like Coursera or edX for hosting those videos and educational materials, however, are not in place in China. In the past couple of years, Chinese people started trying to build online education platforms tailored to China market.
You may also Read:
- InitialView Offers Unique Video Interview to Enhance the Communication Between U.S. Universities and Chinese Applicants
- Trilogy VC – investing in Chinese students
- All The Chinese College Girls Are Saying, “Shixiong, I need your help!”
- Tomorrow is a Special Day, Join #080808 Twitter Campaign
- Tencent is Hiring in Silicon Valley, Will You Join?