- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 6 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 7 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 18 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 19 days ago
Now You Can Order Dishes on WeChat
Micro-life Membership Card is an official WeChat account operated by Tencent’s lifestyle e-commerce service Micro-life. It started offering digital membership cards authorized by merchants on Micro-life’s own website directly on WeChat from mid-2012.
Now the Micro-life account launched a new version, named X1, that supports customized offerings, payments and services for merchants to do mobile CRM. Now users can click open a restaurant saved through Micro-life, make an order and pay for it without leaving WeChat.
McDonald’s was one of the first on Micro-life platform that was able to issue e-coupons or deals and accept payments for purchases.
Next, X1 will support KTV reservations. At the same time, Micro-life is working on moving department stores onto WeChat.
Micro-life now has 30 million users, one thousand brand partners and has issued 50 million WeChat membership cards, accroding to Geng Zhijun, lead of the division (in Chinese). Their goal is to have 80 million users by the end of this year and generate one billion yuan in monthly transaction. Micro-life takes transaction-based commissions. It is reported that it charges merchants an average of several thousand yuan a year.
image credit: techdoc.fd.zol-img.com.cn
You may also Read:
- WeChat to Move Department Stores onto Its Platform
- WeChat’s New Monetization Experiment: Celebrity Accounts[Updated]
- Nine Ways To Do Business With Wechat Official Accounts (Part I)
- Weixin Got Updated: Named WeChat, Added Facebook Connect, 7 Languages and Path-like Feature
- WeChat Surpassed 100 million Overseas Users