- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 8 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 9 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 21 days ago
Education App Super Secured Tens of Millions Yuan in Series B Funding
Super, an education app caters for the needs of university students, reportedly received tens of millions yuan in Series B funding from consortium led by Sequoia Capital, and followed by ZhenFund, Ceyuan, and AngelVest (report in Chinese).
The company has raised two rounds of angel investments from AngelVest and Qihoo’s CEO Zhou Hongyi last year. It then received tens of millions yuan of Series A financing led by Sequoia Capital this June.
With this app, college students can download class schedules to their smartphones, since Super’s back-end system is connected with the administration systems of universities. Information for tens of thousands of courses is available on the platform, enabling students to listen to any course they are interested in. Besides, students also can start a conversation with stranger classmates who are having the same course by sending instant messages via the app.
In addition to the basic functions mentioned above, Super unwrapped an English learning module in cooperation with language learning website Hujiang and Kingsoft PowerWord. Yu Jiawen, CEO of the company, disclosed that they planned to roll out modules where users can share notes and problems encountered in homework.
The company recently announced that its users surpassed 5 million by October 21 with daily active users of 1 million.
You may also Read:
- iChronoCloud Announced Tens of Millions Yuan of Pre-A Series Financing
- UZwan, HTML5 Gaming Platform, Received Tens of Millions Yuan in Series A Financing
- Chinese Lingerie Etailer Raising US$ Tens of Millions in Series C
- Xswlpx.com, Online Education Platform Powered By YY, Secured 15 Million Yuan Financing
- Dayima Secured Tens Of Million Dollars In Series B Financing Led By Sequoia Capital