Editor’s note: This originally appeared on the China Business Cast. China Business Cast is a podcast featuring experienced entrepreneurs and business people making things happen in China. If you want to learn from on the ground accounts of how business actually gets done in China, this is the program for you.
Entrepreneur and marketer with a strong focus on Mainland China and over 12 years of experience in the region, Ashley Galina Dudarenok is specializing in creative, social media, digital content and campaigns – supporting client’s growth and expansion strategies. Major clients include Star Cruises, Cyberport, Sa Sa, Astana Expo-2017, Synergetic, Preciosa, etc.
Ashley was repeatedly featured in a variety of local and international press including Forbes, Huffington Post, SCMP, TVB, Asian Entrepreneur, China Daily, HK01, Jumpstart Magazine, Do Marketing, ITAR-TASS, etc.
Specialties: WeChat & Weibo; influencer marketing in China (KOLs), partnerships and creative campaigns.
Languages: Mandarin, English, Russian and German
- Planning a business trip to Portugal
- Shanghai trip on September 19-24, Chat Conference on September 21-22 and a GFA meet-up on September 20
- New Patreon Campaign “Supporter”: Jons Slemmer
- What Ashley is doing these days
- Talking about other social media channels that people can use on their marketing in China
- Best social media platforms in China now aside from WeChat and Weibo
- Video Streaming: How it’s different from the west, how foreign marketers can use it, and examples of successful foreigners of foreign companies doing well with live streaming in China
- Question: When would you choose to go with the largest platforms WeChat and Weibo vs. other social media channels?
- Interesting partnerships between social media platforms like payment and cross promotions of feeds
- Examples of companies who did really well in the alternative social media channels, as well as bad examples
- Ashley’s book recommendations
- How to get in touch with Ashley
- Shanghai E-Commerce Meetup
- Book Recommendation 1: Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies
- Book Recommendation 2: China’s Super Consumers: What 1 Billion Customers Want and How to Sell it to Them
- Ashley’s China Marketing Blog
- Ashley’s YouTube Channel
- For business inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support China Business Cast on our Patreon page.
TechNode does not necessarily endorse the commentary made in this program.