The “Red Herring 100” awards have been open and awarded to the top 100 private technology companies based upon technology innovation, management strength, market size, investor record, customer acquisition and financial health for over 10 years. Red Herring Asia (4th Edition) which will be held in Hong Kong, JW Marriott Hotel, December 2-3, 2008, has just announced the 200 companies short-listed as finalists. Let’s quickly go through those Internet & Services companies from China, and you may find some of them are interesting:
1. Avantouch – provides wireless multimedia M3 eTicket platform and service;
2. Babytree – a Chinese online community that focuses on mothers and children;
3. Baixing – the Chinese Kijiji, a free classifieds site;
4. Handon – provides a mobile software named Handon which can be used for surfing internet, downloading music and even video, hotel search etc;
5. Beijing Idea Interactive－mobile business solution provider;
8. ChinaTicketing – China’s leading end-to-end ticketing systems company;
9. Vogins – invents VRE platform, Virtual Runtime Environment, to help chipset maker, mobile phone maker, content and application developer, embedded technology enabler to build an interactive ecosystem;
10. Yeepay – a leading e-payment service provider in China, the first company in China providing a single platform integrating both online and offline electronic payments;
11. Ahsay – developed an Internet-based remote backup software, named Ahsay which provides a low-cost, automated and reliable backup solution to the business communities;
12. iSoftStone – a global provider of business consulting, IT outsourcing, and business process outsourcing services;
13. Easou – a local search engine which also has a mobile version;
14. Temobi – a mobile service solution provider, owns a number of global leading patents concerning mobile streaming;
15. Velo – offers Velo Card which can be used as a e-voucher for all sorts of discount in restaurant, shops etc.
16. I.T. United – a global provider of IT and business process solutions.
The full list of 200 companies can be found here.