G-Startup is the launch pad for the most innovative mobile Internet startups, hosted at the Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC). 12 startups will be pre-selected to attend G-Startup, and will have 6 minutes to pitch their startup to a panel of respected venture capitalists and angel investors. I was sitting there as a judge last year, the startups presenting there were quite interesting and also international. Looking at this year, the cool thing about it is G-Startup also partners with Innovation Works and Chinaccelerator, and Plug and Play Tech Center, which make this competition more promising this year!!!
Seed/Early-Stage and Growth-Stage
Two sessions will be hosted at G-Startup to level the playing field for selected startups, with prizes to be won by the winning startup of each session.
- A Seed/Early-Stage Session will give young companies the chance to prove their worth and showcase their innovation to a panel of angel investors from respected firms such as Innovation Works, Chinaccelerator, Founder Institute, Business Angel Network SEA, SingTel Innov8, and BlueRun Ventures.
- The Growth-Stage Session offers the chance for growing startups to not only reach top media exposure, with attendance from local to international media such as TechCrunch, WSJ, Sina, TechNode, and cnBeta, but to also battle it out and gain the chance to pitch in front of respected judges from Sequoia, KPCB, Nokia Growth Partners, and SK Telecom Ventures.
The top 2 finalists of each of each session will move on to the next round and will have the exclusive opportunity to present their startup and product on the main GMIC stage, and the winner of each session will be announced at the GMIC 2011 Awards Gala, on the evening of April 27th.
The Winner Prize
The winner of the Seed/Early-Stage and Growth-Stage Startups will be announced at the GMIC 2011 Awards Gala, on April 27th. Besides bragging rights, international media coverage, and exposure to an expected audience of over 1500 investors, industry leaders, early adopters, and press, the following prizes are up for grabs!
– Innovation Works’ Jump-Start Program – Beijing, China
– Chinaccelerator’s Accelerator Program – Dalian, China
– Plug and Play Tech Center’s Accelerator Program – Silicon Valley, US
– 30 minute private pitch meeting