2 min read
7 start-ups presented at Shanghai Demo Day
Organized by Techyizu, 7 Shanghai based start-ups practiced their pitches at Wieden + Kennedy Saturday with robust attendance.
Here’s a run down of the start-up pitches.
- MamaZuofan.com (Translation: Mom’s home cooked meal): Passionate for home-cooked meals, Mamazuofan helps users discover what’s cooking by your neighbors. For those who have the culinary skills and ready to show and share your home cooked meal for a small profit this is the site for you.
- Aimifan.com (Translation: Lovers of Food): Having restaurant point-of-sale system integration as its competitive advantage, the team at Aimifan is able to partner with major food delivery network and give users more selections when they order out.
- PengYouQuan.com (Translation: Friend Circle): PengYouQuan is a hybrid of social network and microblog that lets users choose targeted groups to release messages while discover interesting postings from those you trust. It has a new user experience and helps you share multimedia messages on its growing network.
- Rudy Bike: Founder Richard Yu’s passionate pursuit of speed and technology lead him to create an intelligence box that substitutes the analog dash board to a digital one using smart phones. This intelligence box is skillfully integrated to the electrical system of scooters and can monitor not only vital information like speed but also user authentication (theft prevention), cruise control, and dynamically calculate remaining distance to a high degree of accuracy. Richard further suggests he plans to create an API so other geo social apps can enhance to rider/driver experience.
- Tuiping tk (Translation: Push Recommendation) is a brand monitoring and management service. It tracks and analyzes consumer opinions and behavior for brands via Sina Weibo and compile these information into analytic and actionable reports for the brands. They also organize the information in such a way that it gives public users product ratings based on brand reputation on Sina Weibo.
- Trader Analytics – Paper trading + HR Recuiting. Score high on their paper trading platform and get recruited work on trading desks. Financial institutions pays a fee to contact and recruit talented traders from the website. Founder used to work as a banker in Hong Kong and may have relationship that can make this happen.
- VXPLO – is a cloud-service provider that turns Adobe Product into SaaS. The team devoted into R&D for 4 years and owns over 30 IPs. They are already in contact with Shanda Capital and have robust revenue models.