Humanity+ is coming to Beijing! You won’t miss it if you are a fan of the Singularity.
In 2010, Humanity+ Vice Chair Dr. Ben Goertzel wrote an article for H+ Magazine titled “Will the Singularity Be Launched in China?“. In 2011 he relocated to Hong Kong, where he has been involved with a number of advanced technology projects, and has been seeking to build bridges between the communities of futurist thinkers and do-ers in the West and the Orient (with a focus on China specifically). In late 2011 the Humanity+ @Hong Kong conference was a great success and a fun experience. Humanity+ Beijing is a natural step in this bridge-building effort.
Register and buy tickets here (free admission for the first 25 students from Chinese universities or high schools who apply).
Time: July 27, 2013
Address: Jin Tai Art Museum, Beijing (TuanJieHu, Chao Yang Qu, Beijing, China, 100025)
- Dr. Ben Goertzel – How to Build Generally Intelligent Robots
- Dr. David Hanson — Creating Genius Machines, and will bring a humanoid robot to help give his presentation
- Dr. Randal Koene — Creating Substrate-Independent Minds (formerly known as Mind Uploading — i.e. liberating our minds from their current neural substrates)
- Adam Ford – organizer of multiple Humanity+ and Singularity conferences in Australia and overseas — who will give A Brief Introduction to the Singularity
- Hugo de Garis — “FIMmers vs. Paper Luddites” – FIM stands for “Free Information Movement”
- Amy Li – talk title TBD
- Yiqing Liang — Wall-E’s Dilemma
- Frank Fitzpatrick — “AMAZING (virtual reality, emotion, music and film)“
- James Newton-Thomas — “The Future of Work”
- Jack Strocci – “Economics & the future — We’re all Doomed“