Editor’s note: This originally appeared on Analyse Asia, a weekly podcast hosted by Bernard Leong, dedicated to dissecting the pulse of business, technology, and media in Asia. The podcast features guests from Asia’s vibrant tech community.
Anna Gong, CEO of Perx Technologies joined us in a conversation on how she has transformed the mobile rewards company from a consumer to an enterprise mobile loyalty platform embedded with AI and where it is heading. She discussed the coverage of Perx across Southeast Asia & how they are serving the different customers and stakeholders. Last but not least, she offered her perspectives on the major trends in software as a service (SaaS) business models and women leadership in the workplace.
Here are the interesting show notes and links to the discussion (with time-stamps included):
- Anna Gong, CEO of Perx Technologies (@AnnaLGong , LinkedIn) [0:39]
- How did you start your career and move from US to Asia? [1:21]
- Through your career, what are the interesting lessons learnt? [2:35]
- Perx [3:34]
- I understand that Perx started off as a consumer company, and you have pivoted it from consumer to enterprise focus after taking over from the founders who have left the company. Usually, it is difficult to perform a surgery on a company. How did you end up with the challenge? [3:34]
- What have you done to mitigate the challenges to bring it to its present form? [6:37]
- In your perspective, what is the present mission and vision of Perx? [7:32]
- What are the solutions that Perx helps to solve their current enterprise customers and who are the customers of Perx? [7:50]
- How does Perx balance across the different stakeholders: users, merchants and enterprise? [9:23]
- What is the coverage of Perx across Asia Pacific? [10:08]
- Can you discuss any interesting case studies (business examples, best to use different cases in different countries) about the company? [11:08]
- Can you talk about how you are planning to embed AI into Perx? [13:11]
- Who are the investors of Perx? They include Golden Gate Ventures, RHL Ventures and Eduardo Saverin, co-founder of Facebook [14:19]
- Women leadership and trends across Asia [14:50]
- Congratulations on your recent Women Entrepreneur Awards 2017 under the pulsar category in Singapore and of course, as a woman business leader, what are your advice to the younger generation of women & men out there? [15:12]
- What do you think need to change for the workplace so that we can see better diversity with women in leadership? [16:09]
- Some founders claim that SaaS business models are not gaining traction in Asia, what are your thoughts about the SaaS business and the culture of larger corporations adopting SaaS models? [17:15]
- Are adoption of SaaS models in enterprise technologies dependent on the types of economy for example, developed markets such as Singapore & Hong Kong and emerging markets such as Indonesia? [19:51]
- What are the major trends you see in the enterprise and AI space moving forward? [21:20]
TechNode does not necessarily endorse the commentary made in this program.