What: TechCrunch Shenzhen 2017
When: June 17-20th, 2017
Where: I-Factory, Nanshan District, Shenzhen
It has been four years since TechCrunch.cn and the TechCrunch China Summit landed in China. In that time, we have seen 6 sessions in Beijing and Shanghai with more than 300 speaker, including the world’s most famous entrepreneur, venture investor like Alphabet/Google CEO Mr. Eric Schmidt, Xiaoping Xu, Fan Bao, Kaifu Li, Yossi Vardi, Davide Cole, and Huateng Ma, CEO of Tencent as well as other high-profile guests from around the world from companies including, Twitter, ZTE, DJI, Xiaomi, iRobot, Smartisan, Mobike, Sogou, Mogujie, Ele.me, and NextVR.
Each session has attracted 200+ startups, 170+ media around the world, furthermore, our feature VC Meetup sessions attracted 800+ startups to participate. The annual TechCrunch Summit is the definitive international venture conference in China. In previous years, the Summit was hosted in Beijing, the best entrepreneurial environment of China, and Shanghai, a top-ranking global city for its innovation. In 2017, we go to Shenzhen, the Silicon Valley of hardware!
Starting in 2015, Shenzhen has gone from strength to strength and picking up speed due to its strong entrepreneurial culture and policy support from all levels of the government. According to data from the Shenzhen government (in Chinese), there are already more than 1 million startups in the city as of August 2016 and 128 companies listed on the city’s Growth Enterprise Market (GEM) and Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) boards.
With mottos like “The more competent, the more successful” and “To be wrong is to lose,” Shenzhen is a city of practicality and real success, promoting perseverance, excellence, and creativity and attracting entrepreneurs from all corners of the globe to test themselves.
- gathers leading domestic and foreign media: organized by TechCrunch and TechNode, both platforms are providing extensive coverage throughout the event. In addition, we are also hosting Forbes, Nikkei, CCTV News, First Financial, Xinhua News Agency, Dragon Television as well as other top domestic and foreign media.
- shows the best hardware that China has to offer, from companies including Huawei, ZTE, Oppo, Vivo, DJI, and many more.
- hosts an international startup exhibition with more than 200 startups from around the world showing off their latest products and services. Startups from Singapore, Japan, Israel, Australia, the US, UK, and Germany will all be showcasing their latest products.
- brings together resources and talent with BMW, PSA Peugeot Citroen, Unilever, CITIC Group, and other leading corporations looking for companies and entrepreneurs at the cutting edge of innovation.
- provides an innovation tour to some of the city’s top companies and manufacturers, allowing guests to catch a glimpse of Shenzhen’s tremendous innovation and production capacity.
- organizes large-scale offline activities for startups and venture capitalists. Over the last two years, our VC Meetup has created opportunities for over 150 venture capital funds and over 1000 startups to exchange ideas.
If you have any other questions, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you in June!