Editor’s note: This originally appeared on the China Business Cast. China Business Cast is a podcast featuring experienced entrepreneurs and business people making things happen in China. If you want to learn from on the ground accounts of how business actually gets done in China, this is the program for you.
Rebecca Fannin Is our guest for this episode. She is a Journalist, author and media entrepreneur She is the founder of Silicon Dragon which organizes events and research. Rebecca writes a weekly column about innovation and venture investment trends at Forbes.com
She wrote two books about China; Silicon Dragon and Startup Asia.
- Introducing Rebecca
- How did Silicon Dragon start? How the idea came up?
- Let’s talk about the startup ecosystem. Thoughts on comparing each ecosystem to Silicon Valley?
- Are US and Europe somehow behind of everything happening compared to the bustling entrepreneurship in Asia? Are they missing the train or have missed it?
- Rebecca talking about her impressive network of events all around the world connecting different ecosystems to Asia.
- Rebecca interviews a lot of interesting people. Who was the person that was most difficult to bring to an event? And which one was the most interesting one to interview?
- Rebecca recommends two books she read recently.
- What are two tools she uses every day to make her work better?
- How can people reach out to Rebecca?
You can help us create even more content for you – Support us on our Patreon page
- What is Passover?
- Cross Border Summit 2017 – Mike’s conference
- WeChat group – add Shlomo (ID: shlomof) or Mike (ID:michelini)
- See more about Rebecca’s career here
- Innovation in Emerging Markets – Book where Rebecca Fannin wrote the Asia section
- Rebecca’s Weekly Forbes column
Rebecca’s Book Recommendation:
- WeChat – ID: rebeccafannin
- Rebecca’s Facebook page
TechNode does not necessarily endorse the commentary made in this program.